Writing a good web design brief is a key factor in a successful project outcome. The process of writing a web design brief helps the website owner clarify exactly what they need and in turn the web designer knows exactly what to base their proposal and estimate on. Questions and issues can be resolved before the design process even begins.
As the owner of a website it is important that you can distinguish between effective design and sub-standard design. Knowing some basic principles of design will help you choose a web designer and provide useful design feedback as your website project gets underway.
What you will learn in this topic
- What is the purpose of a web design brief
- How do I write a web design brief using a template
- How do I identify good website design using a set of basic design principles?
- How do I provide useful design feedback to web professionals?
- A draft web design brief based on a template
- A collection of sample website designs that meet your requirements