The website owner is ultimately responsible for ensuring their website is secure and not infringing any laws or regulations. While a good web professional should ensure your website security is in order you cannot assume this. Ultimately, and in the eyes of your customers, it is your responsibility to ensure your website is secure and law abiding.
As the website owner you must also ensure the content of your website does not infringe any intellectual property laws. You should be aware of the risk of intellectual property infringement as well as the need for clearly stated terms and conditions.
What you will learn in this topic
- What are the legal and ethical aspects of website ownership?
- What are the strategies for securing my web properties?
- What are some typical scams that target website owners?
- What terms and conditions do I need for my website?
- What intellectual property and copyright requirements do I need to be aware of?
- A security plan for your proposed website
- Terms and conditions outline for your website