Without clear goals and a strategy for achieving them your website runs a higher risk of failure. Goals provide a clear statement of what you want the website to achieve and your web strategy provides the roadmap for achieving these goals.
The goal setting and planning phase doesn’t need to be long and drawn out. Setting website goals and strategy early in the project goes a long way toward ensuring a successful outcome.
What you will learn in this topic
- Why you need clear and achievable website goals and a strategy for achieving them
- Examples of website goals
- How do I align website goals with the business plan and marketing strategy?
- What business goals can a website help achieve?
- How can I measure whether goals are being achieved?
- A set of goals for your website
- A preliminary web strategy (which is added to as the course proceeds)
- Why Set Website Goals?
- Audience analysis + Goals –> Winning Website Strategy
- Setting SMART Goals for your Website
- Examples of Website Goals
- Measuring website ROI
- How Web strategy Supports Website Goals